Operations and History
The Australian National Flag Association (NSW) Inc. was successfully launched at a public meeting in Sydney on the 5th October 1983, with the late Sir Colin Hines OBE elected as Founding President.
Each Australian State founded its own autonomous group in the same year, all with similar objectives.
The Australian National Flag Association is a voluntary community service organisation. It is non political, non sectarian and employs no paid staff.
The controlling Council of Management is elected at each Annual General Meeting, operating under a government approved constitution.
Aims and Objectives
- To communicate positively to all Australians the importance and significance of our chief national symbol – the Australian National Flag.
- To provide promotional and educational material concerning the Australian National Flag.
- To promote the Australian identity overseas by the use of the Australian National Flag.
- To support existing “fly the flag” programmes and encourage support from recognised service organisations.
- To encourage personal identity with the Australian National Flag at all levels within the community.